InternTMI provides college juniors and seniors with a hands-on, immersive experience designed to highlight life as a general manager.
What You’ll Learn
- Management – Learn the day to day tasks of what our general managers must attend to, including human resources, quality assurance, finance models, revenue management, sales, marketing and e-commerce, cost analysis and budgeting.
- Guest Service Agent/Front Desk - Discover what it takes to impress guests at any time day or night by experiencing all duties related to the front desk. This includes education on management principles, computer systems, and guest relations.
- Maintenance - Review pool and spa procedures while understanding the importance of preventative maintenance, safety and security at the hotel.
- Housekeeping - Manage the complexities of a housekeeping department with training, brand standards, inventory and labor costs and see how these concepts apply to cleaning guest rooms.
- Breakfast Hosting- Master brand standards, presentation of the breakfast bar and how to create lasting connections with guests as a breakfast attendant.
What You’ll Gain
- 40 hours per week of paid experience
- Direct mentorship from the hotel General Manager and support staff
- Opportunity for hire upon completion
Our talent acquisition teams work with colleges across the country to ensure that InternTMI aligns with what you’re already learning in your hospitality major. Take your education one step beyond. Experience our culture, apply what you know and realize your full potential as an Impression Maker®. InternTMI positions are posted in early spring. Check back to see where your summer internship could take you.
Interested in Property Management Away from the Hotel?
We have that too.
TMI Hospitality’s corporate headquarters located in Fargo, ND frequently offers internships for property management support. These behind-the-scenes positions range from graphic design to finance. Check our career postings for updates on corporate internship opportunities.